Augmented & Virtual Reality
AUGR // The Defiance Future Tech ETF
Why invest in Augmented and Virtual Reality?
- We believe that the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) market is at the cutting-edge of technological development in both hardware and software / applications.
- The market spans across sectors as wide-ranging as gaming, healthcare and the military, to e-commerce, education and marketing, and is attracting extraordinary attention from investors and developers.
- Its diverse applications could transform the way people work, play and live globally.
Why the Defiance AUGR ETF?
- AUGR offers investors liquid, transparent and low-cost* access to companies engaged in the research & development or commercialization of products, and services related to augmented and virtual reality.
- AUGR provides diversification while maintaining a targeted portfolio - the underlying index, BlueStar Augmented and Virtual Reality Index, tracks over 60 globally-listed stocks across all market capitalizations.
- Equal weight methodology offers investors more precise exposure, including to smaller companies with more potential for growth.
- The BlueStar Augmented and Virtual Reality Index is a rules-based index tracking the performance of a group of globally-listed stocks of companies engaged in the research & development or commercialization of products and services related to augmented and virtual reality within one of the following categories: Gaming systems and video games; artificial intelligence, including machine vision and natural language processing; graphic processing units; cloud computing infrastructure; simultaneous localization and mapping; displays including holographic and adaptive interfaces; and sensors for depth perception and positioning.
- Index components are assigned an equal weight subject to a liquidity overlay, index components are reviewed semi-annually for eligibility, and the weights are reset accordingly.