DIET // NextGen Food & Agriculture ETF
Why invest in healthier, sustainable, environmentally friendly and resource-efficient food supplies?
- Climate change, dwindling resources and an expected world population increase of two billion over the next 30 years. Traditional use of land and water resources simply cannot keep pace with a growing global population. New methods are being developed to ensure sustainability and improve efficiency.
- The challenge of massively increasing the food supply in a way that respects consumer concerns about health, ethics, and environment, has become top priority for many scientists and industry partners. Consumer demand has expanded beyond the specifically vegan/vegetarian market to include a growing population of flexitarians.
- Cutting-edge food and agricultural reforms cover sectors such as farming, seed science and treatment, natural flavorings and fragrances and plant-based meat substitutes.
Why the Defiance DIET ETF?
- At Defiance we have researched industries and companies that are changing the way food is produced, farmed, and enhanced.
- We have created a diversified fund that provides exposure to companies that are focused on the whole range of technological, ethical, environmental and social challenges of ensuring food security.
- These include seed modification to allow crops to grow in climates that were not possible years ago; farming and irrigation techniques that make farming and water usage more efficient and sustainable; companies that produce alternative sources of meat and others that develop the flavors, smells and textures to ensure that plant-based foods compete with non-vegan options.
- The BlueStar Food and Agriculture Sustainability Index (BFOOD) is a rules-based index which seeks to include equity securities of leading global companies whose business activity, products, or services are related to the following industries: Agriculture irrigation systems and connected water meters, plant seed modification, fertilizers and pesticides, sustainable meat/poultry/seafood production, flavors and fragrances for the food industry, livestock feed, pharmaceuticals and veterinary supplies, farming machines and equipment, agricultural services, diagnostic measurement equipment and services for food production and safety, branded meat/poultry/seafood/healthy foods, or branded vegan foods.