The First 5G ETF
FIVG // Defiance Next Gen Connectivity ETF
Why invest in 5G?
- 5G describes the technological innovation and infrastructure that will likely support the next era of connective technology.
- Its adoption should provide faster speeds, more functionality and lower latency, therefore transforming work practices and daily life.
- Widespread 5G connectivity has the potential to make information universally accessible, foster a digitalized sharing economy, transform diverse industries and enhance people's quality of life.
- From smart cars to VR/AR (virtual reality/augmented reality) functions; from manufacturing to the automotive industry to medicine and healthcare, the impact of 5G could be felt across many spheres, including Enhanced Mobile Broadband (EMBB), Massive Internet of Things (MIoT) and Mission Critical Services (MCS).
Why the Defiance 5G ETF?
- FIVG offers investors liquid, transparent and low-cost* access to companies engaged in the research & development or commercialization of systems and materials used in 5G communications.
- The underlying BlueStarGlobal 5G Communications Index tracks approximately 60 globally-listed stocks across all market capitalizations.
- The BlueStar 5G Communications Index is a rules based index that tracks the performance of a group of US-listed stocks, of global companies that are involved in the development of, or are otherwise instrumental in the rollout of 5G networks. These securities are part of the following categories: core carrier grade networking equipment including cellular antennas and routers, mobile network operators, satellite-based communications, enhanced mobile broadband chips, new radio technology, wireless network test and optimization equipment, cloud computing equipment, software defined networking or network functions virtualization, fiber optic cables, or cell tower and/or data center real estate investment trusts.
- Index components are reviewed semi-annually for eligibility, and weights are re-set according to a tiered market capitalization weighting strategy.